When was the last time you had a great year or one that resulted in saying you know how to have the best year of your life? What has been the best year of your life so far?
This year can be different. If you are wondering how to have the best year of your life, you can do it now without that much effort. You only need a new perspective and a plan.
A few exciting goals and a few interesting things to look forward to can turn an average year into a great year.
How to Have the Best Year of Your Life
Use these strategies to take control and make this year the best of your life:
1. Choose one exciting thing to do each quarter. Give yourself something to look forward to. You can have something big each year, like a great vacation, but we need things that are closer in the future to look forward to as well. Try having something exciting planned at least once every 12 weeks. It might be a day trip into the city if that all your pocketbook or schedule will allow. Or you might be able to do something more extravagant. The key is to have something that creates anticipation.
2. Practice gratitude. Your life is already better than you think. Be grateful for the good things and people in your life. Not only will this tip help you know how to have the best year your life, it will enhance your mood, and you’ll be in a better position to have a great year. Also, be grateful for the things that were not so good that happened. From all experiences, there are valuable lessons to be learned.
3. Set one goal for each major area of your life. If you want to have a great year, you need to make some progress in your life. Break your life down into a few categories. You might decide on relationships, finances, health, and adventure. It’s up to you. Create one goal for each category and do your best to achieve it. Hitting just a couple of goals can make for a great year.
4. Spend less. Debt is one thing that can ruin your life. Have you ever noticed how your mood is often closely tied to the amount of money in your bank account? Spend less money this year and save more. At the very least, ensure that you’re spending your money in a way that will maximize your year.
5. Eliminate the negative. Get rid of as many things as possible that are getting in the way. The negative things in your life might be debt, certain social obligations, your excessive waistline, or certain people. What is getting in your way?
6. Use the weekend to plan the following week. A great year doesn’t happen by accident. Plan your work, diet, exercise, and social activities and you’ll enact the easy way how to have the best year of your life. Plan anything else that is pertinent to your life, too.
7. Take responsibility for your results by planning your actions and establishing good habits. A year is just about the right amount of time to get rid of a few bad habits and add a few good habits. Pick one good and bad habit from each category of your life and get to work.
8. Be more honest with yourself and others. There’s a real key point on how to have the best year of your life. Be more honest about what you want from life. Honesty can be more stressful in the moment but is less stressful overall. Have a great year by increasing the degree of honesty you express in your life.
Was last year less than you’d hoped for? How about the year before that? Have you been stuck in a streak of hard years? Make the next 12 months the best you’ve ever had. Break out of your routine and try something new this year.
You can learn how to have the best year of your life by setting the intention to do so right now.
We offer a way to break out of your current routine at the Master Key Experience (MKE). Take a look and see for yourself by viewing the videos.
Great suggestions, Joan. And very timely – what does 2022 hold for us? Should we take control and make it amazing? We can!
With these 8, Joan, one surely can’t go wrong. Thanks!! 🙂
Thank you Joan for this excellent survey of the practical things anyone can do to improve their life…It’s not even necessary to do the all the things of the list at once, just starting with one or two we feel the most attracted to will do! Great post!
Thank you for great advises Joan! I liked the last one the most, to be honest to yourself and others. I started a “new life” when I was 20 years with honesty as a solid ground to build my new life on. Since then have I had many “best years” that I can count. And I am sure many is to come as well.
Joan, these are definitely very wise and practical things for anyone can apply and I especially love the point #2 practice gratitude. What an insight regarding the gratitude for the things that are not so good happened as there are valuable lessons can be learned from all experiences. It might be easy to be grateful for all the good things but to be grateful for the things that are not so good is very powerful mindset and practice that will add to your life unexpected blessings. Thank you for your wise sharing, Joan!
Joan, I thoroughly enjoyed your blog. You gave 8 strategies that will help you control your life and to have the best year ever. All of your strategies were inspiring and could be applied in your life easily with repetition, perseverance, and a passion to succeed. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. What is one of the strategies that is more of a challenge for you to do and to complete? Good luck on your new adventure and experiencing your best year ever.
You always bring such a smile to my face with your loving messages. Keep up the amazing work! Thanks for breaking this down so simply.