Three years ago I started on a self-discovery journey without leaving home (except for that trip to Kauai, but more on that later…). It’s called the Master Key Experience (MKE). Or you could call it the Hero’s Journey, but keep reading!
I came across this program by accident. Or perhaps it found me. I have been a student of Network Marketing for some time, encouraged by a friend, who taught me about CANI: Constant and never-ending improvement.
Commit to CANI – Constant and never-ending improvement.Tony Robbins
At that time, I first read about Mark J, “The World’s Laziest Networker.” He has great trainings and a very down-to-earth philosophy. Because I was on Mark J’s email list, I learned about another side to his purpose in the world! I asked for more information and received the 7-day Mental Diet (worth checking out, see sidebar).
My Self-Discovery Lightbulb Moment
When I started to watch the information videos for the MKE, it blew me away – this is what I needed and wanted. I had been thinking of getting a personal coach, but nothing had felt right, so far. Well, this felt right! Part of the MKE is a personal guide, kind of like a coach, who gives support and, well, guidance.
Then I found out that it only cost ONE DOLLAR to check it out – that’s right, one dollar (US$ that is). I could afford that.
You may ask, why is it only a dollar, what’s the catch? Well, my entry was paid by the class before me. So I put in my application.
- One dollar – check.
- Fill in a simple form to apply for a scholarship – check.
- Stock up on index cards and binders (you’ll see if you join) – check.
- Attend the first webinar – CHECK!
- And as I read more, learned more, participated more – I started to really enjoy this unique program. Still not convinced?
Benefits of MKE
- The course is over a 6 month period, so you have plenty of time to learn and apply the principles
- You are assigned a guide and a group to help and encourage you, so you aren’t thrown in to the deep end of the pool without a lifejacket
- There are weekly webinars, daily readings and exercises – all designed to keep you actively engaged in the process
- The exercises are based on learning styles and concepts so no matter what kind of learner you are, you are covered
- The material is based on thought leaders from over a hundred years ago! Some older, some more recent – and everything fits together beautifully
- You basically hang out with positive, goal-focused, fun, friendly people (virtually – it’s very pandemic-friendly) and get encouragement daily
- There is work! But it is working on YOURSELF, and it is SO WORTHWHILE! You start to discover who you really are, your strengths, gifts, talents – and make plans to share that beautiful person with the world!
My Trip to Kauai
After six months of this intense personal development, I found myself more confident and more focused. Then I went to Kauai! One of my favorite things was the MKE live event, held each June (even during pandemic it has been virtual) on the Hawaiian island of Kauai. There I got to meet some of the other participants in person and enjoy another level of learning and self-discovery.
And something magical happened! At the live event, I met a new friend, Day Boswell, who became my Mastermind Partner. Together, we embarked on a little adventure (all from home, it’s the pandemic, remember). We decided to share a book study with the WHOLE MKE COMMUNITY!
We were nervous and excited – and we had a great time learning and sharing what we learned. Not that YOU have to go that far, but just know that was WAY past my comfort zone, and it turned out better than I could have imagined. As we learn:
We are at the dawn of a new day, the possibilities are so wonderful, so fascinating, so limitless as to be almost bewildering. Any man with a knowledge of the possibilities contained in the Master Key has an inconceivable advantage over the multitude.Charles Haanel, The Master Key
So back to my question: can you catch the MKE buzz?
Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn’t know it so it goes on flying anyway.Mary Kay Ash
If you are curious, check it out. It is still only a dollar to find out!
I can say without a doubt: it was the best dollar I have ever spent!