Your mental attitude determines everything about you. Let’s dive in and explore this topic and the importance of a superb mental attitude.
We will cover:
- what is a mental attitude
- how to change your mental attitude
- the byproducts of a change in mental attitude
Mental Attitude Defined
How can we describe what a mental attitude is? According to the dictionary, mental attitude is a complex mental state involving beliefs, feelings, and values along with the dispositions to act in certain ways. For example, if you have a mental attitude that work is fun, your actions will display your attitude.
In the Master Key Experience (MKE), mental attitude is described as one’s personality which is composed of the thoughts we have been creating in our own mind. The mental attitude is the magnet that will invariably attract such conditions as correspond to its nature.
If we wish a change in our mental attitude, which in turn will change our personality, our inner world, conditions, and the experiences of life, then we need to focus on what needs to change.
Is it our negative attitude, the inappropriate words that come out of our mouths, our bad habits, or not meeting our goals, which means not being successful?
Making Change to a Superb Mental Attitude
It isn’t easy to change one’s mental attitude, but by persistent effort, it may be accomplished.
MKE uses a tool called “The 7-Day Mental Diet” in which you become aware of how many negative thoughts creep into your mind each day. By using the “diet pill (substituting a positive experience or affirmation within seven second of a negative thought), you can pursue the goal of going 7 days without letting negative thoughts control your thinking. If a negative thought comes in, you get to start all over.
Once this positive thought process has been established, your mental attitude starts to change. During this change you will also recognize that the mental attitude is patterned after the mental pictures which have been photographed on the brain. If you don’t like the pictures, destroy the negatives and create new pictures through the art of visualization.
As soon as you have done this, you begin to attract new things and the new things will correspond to the new pictures.
To do this: impress on the mind a perfect picture of your desires and continue to hold the picture in your mind until results are obtained.
It is vital that your new pictures are infused with determination, ability, talent, courage, and spiritual power, which helps to build the new thoughts, a new mental attitude, along with the competency and dynamism that draws the things you require.
This gives your new pictures life and life means growth. Do not hesitate to aspire to the highest possible attainments in anything your mental attitude decides to undertake, to create a purposeful will, and to crystalize into actions, accomplishments, and events.
Fruits of Your Labor
Lastly let’s look at the byproduct that you will receive as your mental attitude changes and formulates into a new you.
- First, you acknowledge that you are powerful; you are more important than any label; you are not your circumstances; you are more superior, more valuable, and greater than anyone tries to define you.
- Second, you are ready to embrace life, each moment, whether it contains an obstacle or an opportunity. You learned how to stop fussing over trivial matter and focus on what you feel is important. You’ve stopped complaining about things but looked at things through a positive overture.
- Third, you now realize that you get to control your reactions. You have a choice to let the world put you in bondage or use your new mental attitude to resolve the dilemma and have the victory. You chose to be victorious.
- Fourth, you now experience the belief that no one is better qualified. You don’t identify with other people’s opinions but instead you value how you see yourself and how you are the self-directed thinker.
- Fifth, you have the byproduct of love. It is already within you and you already possess what you need to be happy and fulfilled.
- Sixth, you have the skills to stay cool and not let the little thorns along the path prick you. You obtained your responsibility regardless of how rude other people may act.
- Seventh, you are on your Hero’s Journey accepting all the challenges as opportunities and exciting adventures, a joyous byproduct of changing to a superb mental attitude.
Your mental attitude is the magnet that attracts the experiences which complement your world within. The mental attitude affects your whole thought process and it portrays by your actions your true nature to your surroundings, friends, and family.
Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.Thomas Jefferson
The final frame is to decide if your mental attitude is aligned with your desires, dreams, and service to others? Is your mental attitude open to change and are you creating new positive pictures in your mind that will enhance and inspire you along the way of life?
Mediate on this, as only you can manifest the answer.